Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jubilee

This weekend we are celebrating our Sister Jubilarians and their many years of faithfully living the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience. There is a record turn out of people to celebrate with us this year filling our Motherhouse chapel to the rafters from Evening Prayer II last evening to Morning Prayer today. The Eucharist will be at 2:00 pm this afternoon in St. Joseph's Church. We are hoping that everyone will fit! We have been practicing the harmony parts. I'm singing Alto, which I haven't done for some time but my voice seems comfortable there. The Descant group had the most stringent work out! I'm very glad not to have to hit some of those notes and sustain them. More power to them! May God bless them with good lungs and rich tongues. We have quite a powerful repertoire lined up. Our new choral director has a great sense of humor but notices every little too sharp note and too stretched e. I love singing with my sisters. It is one of the parts of our life that unites us as a family if we don't get too concerned about perfectionism and our own self pride. A song sung well is joy indeed! May it be so today.