Thursday, June 3, 2010

God Give Me Time

I have many different roles and tasks that require concentrated time and energy. I use a fairly simple organizational system to manage my time that you might find helpful too. Here it is: Make three shelves in your mind. One for the things you have to finish by the end of the day. One for the things you hope to finish by the end of the week. And one for things which, if God ever gives you the time, you will try to get back to. This week God has given me time! That rarely happens, so I'm very happy to be able to work on two back burner projects I've been wanting to get back to for some time. I found a good user-friendly study of the two newest generations: Millennials (b. 1980-2000)and Generation X (b. 1965-181)and applied it to our Congregational profile to learn how to understand and support my younger sisters better. And I am creating a searchable online database to organize all of our sisters' preaching and make it available for future use. I feel very happy to be able to work on these two Congregational projects and bring them to completion!