Saturday, August 13, 2011

Volare


I am so excited to be packed and ready to go to Madrid finally! I'm watching a movie called Real: The Movie about the soccer team and those who follow them. I've been watching movies made in Madrid for weeks trying to catch flavor and the accent of Madrid and increase my comprehension of spoken Spanish. Marcia and I will be at Palacio de Deportes during the day and at all the major events. My only regret is not getting tickets for the grand finale soccer game. Soccer is my favorite sport. I played fullback in games at college in the U.S. and Austria. Right full back. No one came down my side of the field and made a goal ... ever! They came down my side, but if they did, they quickly decided to try the other side and not come back. I am easygoing in personality, but relentless by nature. I would not leave my mark alone until I had the ball out of there with many injuries to show for it. After two serious injuries, I gave it up in senior year. I have the bad left knee to show for it. No regrets though. I still love to watch it. I hope to take some great photos and video clips of all the events at which I'm present to share with young people. I am already hyped for World Youth Day 2014. Where will it be??? It is a tradition for a World Youth Day location to be announced at the World Youth Day preceding it... Does anyone have a guess? Tomorrow morning at 5:00 I am off to Madrid. I love to fly! Volare!!!