Saturday, September 22, 2012

Learning Goal #2 Team Approach


I am beginning to understand the roles of the other members of the Interdisciplinary Team and how they work together, so that I can participate effectively and make a positive contribution to the overall care of patients and their families. 

I will meet the doctors, nurses, social workers, case managers, dieticians and housekeepers on the interdisciplinary teams on my floors; participate weekly in interdisciplinary rounds and staff meetings; reflect on participation in interdisciplinary rounds with my individual supervisor; and identify areas for growth and role play an interdisciplinary round with the spiritual care team
           
My goal is to be able to participate in weekly rounds effectively and collaborate with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team in the care of patients I visit.