Thursday, March 7, 2013

Adopt a Cardinal

The Conclave is set to begin on March 12. Join hundreds of thousands of other Christians in praying for the College of Cardinals by adopting a cardinal online.  Visit ADOPT A CARDINAL.COM and have a particular cardinal assigned to you. Pray for your cardinal during the conclave, that he would be inspired by the Holy Spirit with wisdom, to elect the Pope that God has chosen to pastor his flock. I was assigned Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke.  He's the Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signature.  I did know much about him except he seems to have a kindly face and he is the same age as my brother.  But from what I have learned about him since, I truly hope that he is not elected!  I do pray that the Holy Spirit will work through him to elect a truly good and holy man who will guide the Church with grace and wisdom.  I have added this intention to my daily prayers.  I am sure there is a Cardinal who could use your special prayers whether or not you find him to be a kindred spirit.