Thursday, September 10, 2026

Fresco Camino Day 9

We are beginning to feel the end of the journey coming soon. We loved the manor house where we stayed three nights and are looking forward to seeing another restored Galician manor this evening. After taking a nighttime cold capsule before bed I slept through the night for a whole eight hours for the first time since we arrive in Spain. Previous nights I have been sleeping 4-5 hours. The cold is still lingering, but I do feel much better. Cesar fixed the bandages on my feet, and we started off on the journey to Santa Irene. The way was relatively easy compared to the first half of the journey from Sarria. The views were beautiful and I took time to pray along the way for our guides, Ana and Cesar, and our driver Danny and their families. They have been such a good team, with complementary personalities, good humored and so knowledgeable about the history and the flora and fauna of the area. I saw two deer near O Pino, but there were not so many animal farms as yesterday. We criss crossed some main highways, going underneath or over. We passed by Santiago airport shortly after the 15 km marker. We are so close already! We arrived at the end about 1:30 and had our picnic in a park beside the river Ulla. After lunch we walked over a swinging bridge and along the river to see sequoia trees and eucalyptus that reminded us of home. Then Danny drove us to the manor house, Pazo Cibran, where we will have dinner and spend the night.