One of my companions, Shelly, gave me two juanettes to cover the blisters on my toes. They work better than the moleskin and will prevent them from getting any bigger. My stamina and strength are improving day by day. Today was a longer journey than the previous five days. From 8-2:00 we walked 11 miles (23,189 steps) with only a few rest stops and picnic lunch on the Camino at noon. I climbed the equivalent of 83 flights of stairs and descended 133 today. The weather was less hot and humid, and I drank enough water with electrolyte powder so my heart rate stayed at a healthy 139 bpm. No red alerts! Thanks be to God. Our journey took us from Palas de Rei at 67.137 km from Santiago de Compostela though the tiny hamlets of San Xulián, Casanova, Coto, Leboreiro, Ribeira Sacra and Furelos to the bustling town of Melide at 52.726 km. I walked a good part of the way with Cesar, one of our guides, and crossed paths with my friends Bob and Mary, and several others in our group. We are finding moments to converse and share stories and also times to be alone with our thoughts. Our van driver Danny waits for us a check points to refill our water bottles and give those who wish an opportunity to ride instead of walk if needed. I stopped in small chapels along the way to light a candle and offer a pray for my sisters and friends and family members, but I did not need as many rest stops as the previous days. At the end of the day we arrived at Pazo de Beite, a traditional Galician manor house built of stone, where we will stay the next three nights. I took a few photos of that today before siesta. We have dinner at the manor tonight. All of our meals have been exceptional. I will make a separate post at the end with photos just of our meals. We are burning over 2500 calories per day, but with these amazing meals I’m not sure there will be any significant weight loss! Won’t know until I get home and step on the scale.




























